Cranberries Gone Wild
Sweet and sour, this gorgeous party dip is a hit among our readers and a great way to showcase holiday flavors and colors.
12 oz. package fresh cranberries (frozen okay if out of season)
1 bunch green onions, chopped
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
1 small jalapeno pepper
1 ¼ cup sugar
¼ heaping teaspoon cumin
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
dash kosher salt
2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, freshly whipped (use a mixer to whip the cheese just before serving)
Lime tortilla chips
1. Chop cranberries in a food processor.
2. Chop up your green onion, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper into small pieces.
3. Add all ingredients (but the cream cheese and lime chips) into a bowl. Mix them all together, cover and store in the fridge for at least 4 hours. The sugar needs some time to soak into the cranberries and break up their bitter taste.
4. When you are ready to serve, spread your cream cheese on a platter.
5. Strain the cranberry mixture to remove excess liquid then pour mixture over the cream cheese.
6. Spread it all around.
7. Serve with lime chips and a lime margarita!